Well, I haven't written in awhile since we've been busy traveling and we've had so much going on. I went to Lafayette for Angie's wedding and had a great visit with friends, my Dad, sister and nephew. Jon and I just returned from NY where we attended Sarah's art exhibit and helped Jon's Mom move into her new house. I hope to post a few photos soon. Spending time with family, seeing family friends and being at the lake house was great.
The adoption roller coaster has been just that...a roller coaster of emotions; highs and lows. A few weeks ago, we had a close match but we weren't comfortable with the unanswered questions and risks. We've learned a lot in the last few months about the adoption process and business. Someday it will make sense but right now it feels like we have no control and we have no choice but to be at the mercy of others who get to decide if/when we can be parents. Traveling to NY was a good break from it all.
Good news is that in the last month, two couples we know have adopted baby boys. We are very excited for them and it gives us hope that our day will come.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
There are so many highs and lows; you're right! It's so difficult when you're surrounded by the situation and you feel no control at all to realize that someday it will all make sense. And sometimes that thought doesn't help with you're hurting and waiting. But, it WILL happen! And you'll look at your baby and you'll be so glad you waiting and so glad THIS was the baby meant for you! :)
I just found your blog through your comment on mine (they grow in your heart). Thank you for your kind words; what a unique perspective you have! I look forward to following your adoption journey! :)
Post a Comment