Adding Pea to Pod

Monday, February 11, 2008

Humor helps me through

I have to thank these outrageously funny bloggers on their list of terms; it's great to find humor for these types of issues:
http://stirrup-queens.blogspot.com/2006/06/glossary-of-all-of-my-made-up-words.html

And to make my day, I found the blog of "They Grow in your Heart" which made me realize, I don't need to be sad every time I see a woman with a big pregnant belly (daily occurrence at elevators; sometimes every corner I turn!). My child is growing in my heart, not in my belly...and that's a happy thought I must hold on to to get me through. The love for my baby is growing although I don't know when or where that child is now. I will trust God that he will bless us with a child someday soon.

It is so comforting to have the support of all these women going through the same thing as me. The number of adoption families I've met and read about in the last year has been such an inspiration and given me a new sense of hope.

2 comments:

Natalie said...

I'm so pleased I found your blog - I found it on that blog roll you spoke about - Stirrup Queen's list.

We are from South Africa and on the waiting list to adopt...

Will definitely be a regular visitor here...

Blessings and hope to you
Natalie

Mandy said...

Hi Katrina,

I am also looking into adoption now...

I hope your little sweet pea comes to you very very soon.

Well done on getting the nursery ready beforehand! Great positive attitude!